As this year is rushing towards its end, I started looking at my goals and what I have achieved this year.
I’ve made good progress in many areas and in some areas, I didn’t quite achieve what I wanted to.
As I was going over this information, I also started thinking about some statements I’ve heard over the past year and what I’ve learned from that.
I’ve heard about focusing on one goal at a time until it is achieved. Another nugget of wisdom is to do things better, you need to stop doing so much.
That set me off on a thinking spree about work and I started searching for some good quotes about work.
Here are some of the best quotes I found.
21 Quotes To Get a Better Perspective on Work
- As you work for your wages, you have to work every day to earn love; otherwise, you should not open your hand to receive it ~ Achmat Abrahams
- Work is good as long as you don’t forget to live ~ African Proverb
- For success in your work, you can bank on 90% perspiration and 10% inspiration ~ Anonymous
- The only place where you’ll find success before work is in the dictionary ~ Anonymous
- Two things rob people of their peace of mind: unfinished work and work that has not yet begun ~ Anonymous
- You cannot withdraw anything from the bank of life that you have not deposited into it ~ Anonymous
- Work becomes worship if it is done for God ~ Anonymous
- Starting is the most important part of work ~ Anonymous
- Every time you eliminate one of your shortcomings by working hard, you also show the people you love that you really care about them ~ Arterburn and Dreizler
- Nothing is really ‘work’ unless you wanted to do something else ~ James M. Barrie
- Thus, I realized that the work that one does and likes to do can be a healing power in your life ~ Audrey Blignault
- If the work you do only bring you money and no joy, you are poor indeed ~ Phil Bosmans
- Inspiration comes to those who work and not just wait for it ~ Albert Camus
- Ordinary talent and extraordinary work ethics are the two sides of the coin with which fame is bought ~ Pablo Casals
- Man is a worker. If he is not, he is nothing ~ Joseph Conrad
- I never see what has been done. I only see what has to be done ~ Madame Curie
- If all of us do all the things we can, we will literally be in awe of ourselves ~ Thomas Edison
- Nothing is impossible if you break it up into small tasks ~ Henry Ford
- All good work is done by following the way of the ants: little by little ~ Lafcadio Hearn
Quotes translated into English by Jaco Alberts.
Work Is What You Make of It
Going through all these quotes I came to the following conclusion:
- You can have the best idea in the world and you can have a fail-proof plan; but if you are not going to take action and do the work, nothing is going to happen.
- Don’t be overwhelmed by big projects. Break it down into small tasks/goals which are achievable and not so intimidating. Then nothing is impossible.
- Money shouldn’t be your only motivation. Money is important, but you should be growing as a person while you enjoy what you are doing.
Over to You
Which of these quotes made you stop and say “yes, this is true”?
Share your favorite quote/s with us in the comment section and why?
Tell us a bit more about what you think of ‘work’.